I had a yearning for the Indian mixture, a snack had at tea time.In India , you can find many varieties with different ingredients. Also, it can be spicy, sweet or even both. I like the spicy kind.My friend Nitha suggested to make an easy mixture with rice krispies.
This recipe is super easy and quick .I make this quite frequently and store it for 2 to 3 weeks. Its way healthier than the store bought ones.
- Rice Krispies – 5 cups
- Peanuts – 3/4 cup
- Green chillies – 5 to 6, thinly sliced
- Red chillies – 4 to 5 , roughly sliced
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil – 2 to 3 Tbsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 Tbsp, or as desired
- Asafoetida – 1 tsp
- Pour oil in a kadai, when oil is hot add the red chillies, fry for less than a minute.
- Maintain a medium flame and add the green chillies, curry leaves and fry till the green chillies are white in color.
- Now add the peanuts and stir fry till the peanuts are roasted.
- Add chilli powder, asafoetida powder and salt and fry for 30 seconds.Take care not to burn the chilli powder.
- Mix in the rice krispies and toss well, so they are evenly coated with the spices.
- You have made a healthy snack for tea!Enjoy!
- Cool the mixture before you store it in air tight container.