Stir fry is an easy, heathy option at our home and enjoyed tremendously.You can try tofu, chicken, beef or shrimp stir fry with the same base recipe.
- Firm Tofu – 1 Packet
- Red Bell Pepper – 1, deseeded and cubed
- Green Bell Pepper – 1, deseeded and cubed
- Onion – 1 , medium, cubed
- Cabbage – 50 gms, chopped big
- Beans – 10, french style cut
- Zucchini – 1, cubed
- Green chili – 2-3 nos. slant slit
- Garlic – 1Tbsp, finely chopped
- Ginger – 1/2 Tbsp , finely chopped
- Soy sauce – 2 Tbsp
- Stir Fry sauce – 1Tbsp
- Pepper – taste
- Salt – to taste
- Preparing Tofu: Drain the tofu .Now place it between kitchen paper towels and keep a heavy vessel on top.This will help to drain the excess water from the tofu. Tofu has a sponge like structure.Cube the tofu as desired and marinate it with soy sauce(1/2tsp), stir fry sauce(1/2tsp) and chili powder(1/4tsp).Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Pour oil in a wok and stir fry the tofu for 2-3 mins, till the tofu is browned on all sides.Keep aside.
- In the same wok, add 2 Tbsp of oil , add garlic and ginger, stir fry for 30 seconds.Add onions, bell peppers, green chillies, beans , zucchini and fry for 2- 3 minutes.Now add the cabbage and fry for another 1- 2 minutes.
- Now add the soy sauce, stir fry sauce, salt, pepper and fried tofu and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with white rice or even roti.
Note: Vegetables that can also be added are brinjal, broccoli, snow peas, mushrooms and carrots.Mix and match the veggies you enjoy!