All doctors say to have your greens.Well, it isn’t easy to always have salads, right?
This recipe has a lot of spinach in it , so you can be real happy having it!Its a recipe shared by my dear friend Sridevi.
- Cooked Basmati rice – 3 cups
- Onion – 1 medium, sliced thin
- Spinach leaves- 4 cups, cut small
- Oil – 3 to 4 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Roasted peanuts – 1/2 cup
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Whole pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 3 nos.
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Cook Basmati rice as per instructions on the packet with salt as desired.Keep aside to cool.(I usually use rice cooked the day before as this prevents rice from breaking while mixing.)
- Grind all the ingredients as mentioned above.Keep aside
- Heat oil in a kadai, saute the onions till translucent.Now add the grinded mixture and fry till the peanuts are roasted and you get an nice aroma.
- Add the spinach to the above mixture and fry till the leaves change color.
- Now mix in the rice.Add salt as desired.
- Serve hot with any gravy or just pickle and chips.