Asparagus is a new vegetable in our family as its not very common in Bangalore, India.In Seattle, its a local spring vegetable and so needed a s way to add it in our diet.Eating seasonal local fruits and veggies is always a plus as its travel time to the food shelves in a grocery store is comparatively less.
Asparagus is packed with good-for-you vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, C, E, K, and B6, as well as folate, iron, copper, calcium, protein, and fiber.So, it is worth adding it to your diet.
You can just grill asparagus too and sprinkle a bit of salt.Its yummy good.
- Asparagus – 2 cups, chopped round
- Onion – 1 small, chopped fine
- Green chillies – 3, chopped fine
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry /Fresh grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves – 1 Sprig
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pour oil to a pan and when hot, add the mustard seeds.When the seeds splutter, add onions and saute till translucent.
- Now add green chillies, salt and asparagus. Cover the pan and cook on low flame.Mostly the asparagus cooks in 3 to 5 mins.
- Now add the dried coconut and curry leaves , stir and cook for 1 to 2 mins.