I have been wanting to make this dish for a very long time. Everytime, its turned out different.Today seems to be my lucky day and its turned out great.Before I forget, I want to jot down the recipe.
Its easy as well as cooked a bit on stove and in microwave.
- Cauliflower – 1 cup of florets
- Potato -1 medium – cubed
- Peas – 1/2 cup ( I used frozen green peas)
- Bell Pepper – 1/2 cup , cubed
- Tomato – 2 medium, diced
- Onion – 1 medium, chopped
- Ginger – finely cut or crushed, 1tsp
- Garlic – finely cut or crushed, 1tsp
- Green chilli – 3 nos., sliced
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1tsp
- Coriander powder – 2tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1tsp
- Oil – 2tbsp (I used coconut oil)
- Salt to taste
- Water to sprinkle for the vegetables to cook
- In a plate, take the potatoes and peas , spread evenly and cook in the microwave for 5 to 6 minutes, till half cooked.This is done so that the shape of the vegetables are retained and cooking time on the stove top is reduced.
- Simultaneously, heat oil in a kadai and saute the ginger and garlic for 1 minute.Add in the chopped onion and green chilli and saute till onions are translucent.Now add the bell pepper and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder.Fry for half a minute.Take care not to burn the masala powders.
- At this point, spread cauliflower florets on a plate and cook in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes are pureed and well cooked.Use you spoon to do this.
- To this add the microwave cooked vegetables as well as salt to taste with just a sprinkle of water to cook the vegetables.Cover and cook on medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes, making sure to stir in between.
- Have with roti, paratha, rice or even just like that!
Note:Water added in the last step is to get the vegetables cooked to your desired level.