This Friday , wanted to try pasta.
This recipe is all credits to the internet, but tweaked to my family’s taste.Got good review from them, so wanted to save the recipe for future use.
- Boiled Pasta – 4 cups (I use Penne, boiled as per the box instructions with salt to taste and 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Oil is used so that the pasta don’t stick together.
- Cooked Chicken – Chicken is cut into small pieces and cooked in water, salt and pepper.Keep any stock left to be added to the sauce when we add milk. It adds flavor to the pasta sauce
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves ; finely chopped
- Spinach – 1 – 2 cups ; cut
- All purpose flour – 2 Tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup (I used 2% milk)
- Oregano – 1tsp
- Crushed chilli flakes – 1tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat kadai / pan on medium heat and melt butter.To it add chopped garlic and stir fry for a minute.You will get a roasted fragrance of garlic.
- To it add all purpose flour and stir it for 2 minutes on low flame.This is done to get the flour cooked, but make sure you don’t burn the flour.
- Add in chopped spinach and fry for a minute so that its wilted.
- Now slowly add in the milk and keep stirring till any clumps formed are removed.Here, you can also add any chicken stock if you have.
- When the milk boils and the sauce thickens, add the pasta as well as oregano, chilli flakes and pepper powder as per your taste.
- Finally, add mozzarella cheese and let it melt.
- Yum, your pasta is ready.Enjoy with garlic bread or even just like that!